Level: Easy | Prep/Cook Time: 40-50 MINS
- 5 cups day old sour dough bread: cubed
- 3 Large beaten eggs
- 2 Cups whole milk or whole buttermilk
- 1 stick salted butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon/ plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh or frozen Blueberries
- Beat eggs to combine, add in milk and vanilla stir well, add lemon zest and sugar. Pour over bread cubes and stir well to combine. Let sit to soak up the milk/egg mixture.
- Melt 2 TBL of salted butter in cast iron crocks; brush to coat sides. OR melt the whole stick in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Lightly stir in the blueberries to your soaked bread mixture and pour into cast iron crocks or 10 inch skillet. Leave a little head room in your pans.
- Cook for about 30 min at 400 degrees or until knife comes out clean.
- This can be cooked on a grill or in the oven!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.