Level: Easy | Prep/Cook Time: 30-40 mins
- 1 Pound Thick Sliced Applewood Smoked Bacon (I like Pepper Bacon)
- 2 Medium Sweet Vidalia Onion
- 2 Peaches diced small
- 1/2 C Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/4 C Black Coffee
- 1 Tbl Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt to Taste (depends on type of bacon)
- Cut bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and cook medium heat till not crunchy but still done with a little chew to it. (I use my Pawpaw's skillet for this. It holds the pound of bacon perfectly).
- Remove from pan; I use a slotted spoon to do this.
- Pour out almost all of the drippings and save it.
- Slice the onion into quarters and some medium slices, and add to the pan on medium heat once they are soft.
- Add the diced peaches and cook till it is all very soft
- Add smoked paprika, and sugar, continue to cook till thick and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Add coffee, vinegar and water and stir well.
- Re-add the bacon (not the drippings) continue to cook thill thick and jam like.
- Add salt to taste.
- Store in a jar or container in fridge till ready for use.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.